ONLINE TRAINING COURSE
Our online program offers you a comprehensive training in diagnostic and procedural coding. The course will highlight the key changes in ICD-10. Learners will be able to translate their knowledge of ICD-9 to the new version of the classification system using ICD-10-CM (diagnostic) and ICD-10-PCS (procedural) coding manuals. During the program we will be focusing on following points for our students.
- Understanding basic ICD-10 coding guidelines and conventions.
- Understanding ICD-10-CM chapter-specific guidelines.
- Enhancing medical terminologies, anatomy, physiology and clinical terms according to the
- chapter specific guidelines.
- Understanding the details needed to step from ICD-9 to ICD-10.
- Practicing sample questions for diagnoses and procedures on body system to test ICD-10
- knowledge and understanding.
The course will include covering ICD -10 Introduction class in the beginning and then chapter specific guideline classes thoroughly covering coding the body systems.
Chapter Specific Body Systems:
- Chapter 1 – Infectious & Parasitic Diseases
- Chapter 2 – Neoplasms
- Chapter 3 – Diseases of the Blood
- Chapter 4 – Endocrine, Nutrition and Metabolic
- Chapter 5 – Mental and Behavioral Disorders
- Chapter 6 – Diseases of the Nervous System
- Chapter 7 – Diseases of the Eye and Adnexal
- Chapter 8 – Diseases of the Ear and Mastoid
- Chapter 9 – Diseases of the Circulatory System
- Chapter 10 – Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Chapter 11 – Diseases of the Digestive System
- Chapter 12 – Diseases of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues
- Chapter 13 – Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Chapter 14 – Diseases of the Genitourinary System
- Chapter 15 – Pregnancy, Childbirth and the Puerperium
- Chapter 16 – Certain Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
- Chapter 17 – Congenital Malformations, Deformations and Chromosomal Abnormalities
- Chapter 18 – Symptoms, Signs and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings
- Chapter 19 – Injury, Poisoning and Certain other Consequences of External Causes Complications
- Chapter 20 – External Causes of Morbidity
- Chapter 21 – Factors Influencing Health Status
- Course Duration: 8 weeks.